New Generation Wall Concept G
This revolutionary product is result of maximum usage of new technologies in energy efficiency and more than 24 months of research.
- Quebec design and manufacturing
- High energy efficiency
- Thinner and more lightweight with greater output
- Quick and efficient on-site installation
- Two people can assemble a house in one day
Technical characteristics of Concept G wall panels::
- Uses expanded polystyrene panels (thermoplastic foam structure) with a high compression ratio instead of the traditional fibreglass batting.
Characteristics of expanded polystyrene:
- good absorption of structural movements
- contains no CFCs
(CFCs are chemical compounds responsible for the deterioration of the ozone layer)
- contains no nutritional value for parasites
- mould and rot resistant, since resistant to water
- not heat conductive
- does not subside or shrink
- Uses 18% less wood density than a traditional wall and is sturdier due to is structural composition (wood-integrated insulation panel).
- Vertical furring is installed on the exterior using special nails, allowing attachment without backward movement and reducing the insulation compression of the beams.
- An exterior reflective polyethylene air/vapour barrier is laminated onto the insulation panel so as to allow even adherence, stop air pockets and reflect sunrays towards the exterior. A CSA approved sealing tape is applied over panel joints.
- An interior stratified and reflective air barrier is laminated onto the interior surface of the insulation panel and a reflective aluminum sealing tape covers the beams. Horizontal furring is added every 16” to beams in order to facilitate the placement of electrical boxes and wires without affecting the insulation.
- The smooth 2x5 base exceeds the interior of the insulation panel so as to allow for rapid nailing to the floor and is fitted with a smooth joint preventing conduction of cold. This results in an ultra weatherproof wall.
- Nails installed on the hot side will not react to condensation.
- Reduced risk of wood splitting as well as the possibility of infiltration.
- Flashing for exterior openings are covered with high end products.
- The unique joint system allows for exceptional bracing.